Design of Machine Elements is book for mechanical engineering by V. B. Bhandari, published in 1994.
Basis exhaustive consumer survey, the type of changes made are:
• The content is modified in LO / LoD pattern
• Pedagogical changes
• Addition of latest topics from syllabi like gib and cotter joints for strap ends of connecting rods and for rectangular rods, concept of stiffness in tension, bending and torsion, strain energy equations in tension, rubber springs and logenze joint and a web chapter
• Inclusion of digital components like QR codes
• LOD based approach helpful to secure better marks
• Case studies for exposure to critical design problems
• Objective Type Questions
• Hybridized sections like Quick Digest and solution Guide (will be helpful to perform better in exams.