A Textbook of Production Engineering (S. Chand) is a book for mechanical engineering by P.C. Sharma.
For more than 30 years, the book has been a very useful resource for the students for undergraduate students of Mechanical Engineering. Divided in 27 chapters, it is written with the objective of providing comprehensive knowledge about various aspects of the subject from process and production planning and control to manufacturing systems and automation thereby providing the student with a holistic idea.
- Close to 1000 tables, figures and examples aid to the understanding of concepts.
- More than 1000 chapter-end problems provide consistent practice.
- 5 Appendixes include Process Planning Sheets, Gear Manufacturing and problems from competitive examinations and question papers (GATE, IES, UPSC).
Table of Content :
- Jigs and Fixtures
- Press Tool Design
- Forging Die Design
- Cost Estimation
- Economics of Tooling
- Process Planning
- Tool Layout for Capstans and Turrets
- Tool Layout for Automatics
- Limits, Tolerances and Fits
- Gauges and Gauge Design
- Surface Finish
- Analysis of Metal Forming Process
- Theory of Metal Cutting
- Design and Manufacture of Cutting Tools
- Gear Manufacturing
- Thread Manufacturing
- Design of Machine Tool Elements and Machine Tool Testing
- Machine Tool Installation and Maintenance
- Design of Product for Economical Production
- Statistical Quality Control
- Kinematics of Machine Tools
- Production Planning and Control
- Manufacturing Systems and Automation
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Plant Layout
- Production and Productivity